OUR PRIVATE GROUP SAFARI BLUE EXPERIENCE
Our ‘Bubble Boat’ – the same great Safari Blue experience as our normal tour but with your own boat. It’s our version of the tour for those who want to remain in their own social distancing bubble. It’s an unmissable day tour of the protected waters around the islands of Zanzibar for 2 or more people, just paying an extra $200 for the private use of the boat, on top of the standard tour fee per person. (NB. This is not the same as our private charter)
Sailing in one of our traditional Dhows, beautifully constructed from African mahogany by Zanzibari craftsmen, you’ll have the opportunity to see and feel the magic of the African Spice Islands up close and personal. Our tour is packed with activities for all tastes; so whether you want to unwind and watch nature or snorkel with tropical fish or feast on local delicacies, we have you covered!
Now with bubbly included!
We have been operating Safari Blue since 1995 and we are the only operator in Zanzibar licensed to use the name ‘Safari Blue™’. We are the original and the unmissable!
For your reassurance, our new Covid-19 safety measures include reduced numbers on every trip, trained staff, protective measures and thorough cleaning procedures. This ‘Bubble Boat’ tour allows guests to keep within their own ‘social bubble’ on a their own Dhow while still enjoying our famous Safari Blue experience. For more detail you can read our measures here.
What to expect
- A magical day exploring the Menai Bay Conservation area in a traditional wooden dhow, with just the people in your group plus our crew.
- Guided snorkeling in the beautiful clear waters of the Indian Ocean.
- Watching dolphins at play
- ! NEW ! bottle of Bubbly
- Going ashore on the powdery sandbank
- Swimming at our secret spot in the hidden mangrove lagoon
- Feasting on our delicious Swahili seafood barbecue followed by exotic island fruit tasting. (Food service and seating in our tented restaurant will be altered to allow for social distancing.)
- Enjoying a nip of local Amarula Liqueur with your coffee
- Drinks and snacks throughout the day are included. Guests are advised to bring their own refillable water bottle but during Covid we are also providing plastic cups if needed.
- For your continued safety we have locally sourced hand sanitizer on sale and locally-crafted hand washing stations at on Kwale Island.
- You might also like to enjoy cocktails from our new Sand Bar on Kwale Island.
$70 PER PERSON PLUS $200 FLAT FEE PER BOAT
For an extra fee, we can also arrange transport to pick you up from and return you to your hotel in Zanzibar, just remember to add transport for one or both ways to your booking on our booking platform. Everything paid & organised in one place.