THE ORIGINAL SAFARI BLUE EXPERIENCE
The Safari Blue experience is an unmissable day tour of the protected waters around the islands of Zanzibar.
Sailing in one of our traditional Dhows, beautifully constructed from African mahogany by Zanzibari craftsmen, you will have the opportunity to see and feel the magic of the African Spice Islands up close and personal. Our tour is packed with activities for all tastes; so whether you want to unwind and watch nature or snorkel with tropical fish or feast on local delicacies, we have you covered!
We have been operating Safari Blue since 1995 and we are the only operator in Zanzibar licensed to use the name ‘Safari Blue™’. We are the original and the unmissable!
For your reassurance, our new Covid-19 safety measures include reduced numbers on every trip, trained staff, protective measures and thorough cleaning procedures. For more detail you can read our measures here.
What to expect
- A magical day exploring the Menai Bay Conservation area in a traditional wooden dhow, now with a maximum 10 persons plus crew.
- Guided snorkeling in the beautiful clear waters of the Indian Ocean. However, because of Covid-19 risk factors, anyone wishing to snorkel will need to bring their own equipment.
- Our staff will be equipped to accompany you, but we can no longer offer equipment on loan.
- Watching dolphins at play
- Going ashore on the powdery sandbank
- Swimming at our secret spot in the hidden mangrove lagoon
- Feasting on our delicious Swahili seafood barbecue followed by exotic island fruit tasting. Food service and seating in our tented restaurant will be altered to allow for social distancing. Foot operated hand wash stations will be available.
- Enjoying a nip of local Amarula Liqueur with your coffee
- Drinks and snacks throughout the day are included. Guests will need to bring a refillable water bottle or be asked to purchase one of ours as Covid-19 risk management means we can no longer offer cups or bottles on loan.
- Guests are advised to bring and wear a face mask and hand santizer, and for those who don’t, we will have locally made versions of both on sale.
$70 PER PERSON
For an extra fee, we can also arrange transport to pick you up from and return you to your hotel in Zanzibar – let us know when you get in touch. If using our booking platform, remember to add transport for one or both ways to your booking.