SAFARI BLUE PRIVATE DHOW CHARTER
Looking for something more special?
Want to enjoy a day out with Safari Blue but looking for something more personalized and intimate? Choose our private charter trip with your own private dhow, tailor-made itinerary and desert island experience!
Ideal for honeymooners, friends, family, groups or couples.
A Private Dhow Charter is great way to celebrate a birthday, a wedding, propose to your partner, or just indulge in celebrating life, YOLO!
Sailing in one of our traditional Dhows, beautifully constructed from African mahogany by Zanzibari craftsmen, you will have the opportunity to see and feel the magic of the African Spice Islands up close and personal. We customise the itinerary, activities, food and timing to suit you. On this trip it’s just you, your group and our crew.
We have been operating Safari Blue since 1995 and we are the only operator in Zanzibar licensed to use the name ‘Safari Blue™’. We are the original and the unmissable!
For your reassurance, we are operating with new Covid-19 safety measures which include reduced numbers on every trip, trained staff, protective measures and thorough cleaning procedures. This private charter tour allows clients to keep within their own ‘social bubble’. For more detail you can read our measures here.
What to expect
- Charter your own dhow and create a bespoke trip – snorkel, swim, explore or relax. (Owing to Covid-19 risk factors, anyone wishing to snorkel will need to bring their own equipment. Our staff will be equipped to accompany you, but we can no longer offer equipment on loan.)
- Explore the Menai Bay Conservation Area at your own pace
- Our cooks can set up a private “fine dining” experience for you on a remote island or sandbank
- Feast on our Swahili inspired seafood barbecue followed by a gastronomic tropical fruit tasting.
- Return to Fumba by traditional sail
- Price includes drinks and snacks throughout the day
- A magical experience tailored just for you
- Guests will need to bring a refillable water bottle or be asked to purchase one of ours, as Covid-19 risk management means we can no longer offer cups or bottles on loan.
- Guests are also advised to bring and wear a face mask and hand santizer, and for those who don’t, we will have locally made versions of both on sale
$550 ALL INC FOR 2, EXTRA GUESTS @ $75 PER PERSON
For an extra fee, we can also arrange transport to pick you up from and return you to your hotel in Zanzibar – let us know when you get in touch. If using our booking platform, remember to add transport for one or both ways to your booking.